Police Reports and Records
Due to the evolving situation involving Covid-19, the Raritan Township Police Department is taking the following protective measures and adding our request for handing of Reporting Incidents:
1. During this period of time, residents may file non-emergent reports over the phone using our non-emergency phone number 908-782-8889. Residents may receive a follow up phone call from an on-duty officer if additional information or follow up is necessary.
2. If you come to the RTPD Headquarters Lobby, we will greet you from behind our glass partitions. If paperwork needs to be exchanged, it will be passed through the slots. This includes ALL forms of records requests. If you have had a fever or any other associated symptoms, please DO NOT come into our Headquarters.
3. We will NOT be hosting tours at RTPD Headquarters for the next 30 days and will be limiting our frequency of attended events and respectively request that you do not come to visit at the present time (i.e. fresh baked goods, well wishing, etc.).
• Fingerprinting and car seat inspections will be suspended until further notice.
• All municipal court sessions are cancelled until March 25th (may be extended). You will receive a new court date in the mail with your new date.
• If you come to the police HQ for a non-emergent reason, you may be turned away and asked to contact us by phone.
The Raritan Township Police Department is dedicated to the safety and security of our residents and officers. We want to assure everyone that we will still provide our community with the very best service while taking measures to protect our Officers & Staff. We will continue to answer any emergent call for service with the same high level of professionalism as we always have.